The concept of Asian handicapping can sound a bit complicated be but once you get the hang of you’ll wonder why you never thought of using it to bet on football matches before. This type of bet is particularly popular in the Far East (hence the name) and with most popular online bookmakers now offering this type of bet, it is growing in popularity over here.
It can see a bit complex or even nonsensical at first, especially when you see things like teams getting a handicap of +.25! But the easiest way to explain it is in an Asian Handicap betting market the team seen as having a less likely chance to win is give a start of say.5 of a goal. So in every game you have a choice of either betting for the team who is given a head start or the team who is conceding the start.
Here’s how it works in a real betting context:
Manchester City + 0.5 v Liverpool – 0.5
In this example Manchester City are getting a half a goal start, whil เข้าสู่ระบบเว็บตรง ufabet Liverpool are being penalised (handicapped) half a goal. This means if you back Manchester City you will win if Manchester City wins or if it’s a draw.
How? Well if City actually won 1-0 in effect you would have won anyway. But if the game ended 1-1 say, then you would also win as City would have 1 goal plus the 0.5 goal in the handicap giving them 1.5 goals to Liverpool’s one goal.
In this example Wolves (-1) v Preston (+1) If you think it will be a close game, but are not sure if Preston will, by backing them on the Asian handicap you can get a return even if they don’t win the match. If they were to draw 2-2 then your bet would be a winner as they would have 2 goals +1 giving them 3 in total making them the winner. If they lost 1-0 then their handicapping goal of +1 would in effect give them a 1-1 draw and you would get your money back as you didn’t win…but didn’t lose either.
Below is a list of some of the handicaps and the possible outcomes:
– Handicap 0 is a win if your team wins. If it’s a draw you just get your money back.
– Handicap + 0.25 is a win if your team wins. If it’s a draw, your bet gets divided in half: a winner half and a void half, giving you your original bet back.
– Handicap + 0.5 is a win if your team wins or if it’s a draw.
– Handicap + 1 is a win if your team wins or draws. If it loses by 1 goal, you get your bet back.
– Handicap + 2 is a win if your team wins, ties or loses by a point. If it loses by 2 your bet is void and returned.